This page has moved to a new address.

Back to school, back to books!

Wheelock College Library: Back to school, back to books!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Back to school, back to books!

I love September - new beginnings, cooler weather, beautiful colors. I always loved to read and maybe that's one reason I chose education as my profession. I grew up in a community that was open to different points of view. While in school I learned that there were books that we read that were not allowed in other schools throughout the country. Here are some of my favorites: Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller, Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Sneak a peek of these wonderful books - with a flashlight, under your covers.


Have a productive and good year,

Jeannie Blazar

Director, Wheelock College Resource Center

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home