This page has moved to a new address.

Introduction

Wheelock College Library: Introduction

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Introduction



My name is Molly McInerney and I am the Administrative Assistant at Wheelock College Library. I am a new employee at Wheelock College and it is exciting to be a part of the start of the school year this semester! I support the entire Library Department, and I can be found on the 2nd floor by the windows facing the Campus Center. Please free to stop by and ask me any questions you may have. I am also a Library and Information Science graduate student at Simmons College so I welcome any opportunity to help a student as a great learning experience!


The Library is not only a great resource for your class assignments but it also offers many interesting activities if you're looking for a diversion from your homework. I recommend browsing through the Children's Literature section and uncovering some of your "lost" childhood favorites. I recently spotted Scott O'Dell's "Island of the Blue Dolphins" on the shelf and it took me back to 4th grade when I was fascinated with any type of survival story. My favorite book in the Wheelock Library collection is "Lyddie" by Katherine Patterson. I loved this book as a child because I had heard many stories about my great-grandmother working in the textile mills in Lowell, MA as young girl,and I liked to imagine that my great-grandmother was in the story with Lyddie. Another suggestion is to use one of the new Apple desktop computers and take advantage of their big, beautiful monitors to explore some photography. Take a break from your 13-inch laptop screen and visit two of my favorite photography sites, The Sartorialist (portrait & fashion photography of real people from around the world), or David Grossman Photography (landscape and still-life shots of Duxbury, MA and other local areas).


When I'm not at work you can find me reading on a park bench in the Public Gardens, visiting the latest exhibit at the ICA (the view overlooking the harbor from the Founders Gallery is one of Boston's best), and spending time with my family.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home