This page has moved to a new address.

Introducing: Anne Moore

Wheelock College Library: Introducing: Anne Moore

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Introducing: Anne Moore

Name: Anne Moore

Job title: Technical Services Librarian

Location in Library: My office is Rm. 203. The door has a mole and Thing2 on it.

Tell us what you do in 50 words or less: My job is to get you to the stuff you need. I see that there’s a record in the catalog with the right information in it so you find what you want.

Choose one service that your department provides that you most want the Wheelock community to be aware of: I’m in the processing of learning how to take care of SFX, the magic button that takes you to the full text of articles.

What is your favorite website? I really like playing with Stumbleupon. It’s a random discovery tool you can personalize. I’ve stumbled upon [sorry!] on loads of really nifty websites using it.

What is a typical work day like for you? Fun! I work with lots of different materials so I never get bored. I might start out reclassifying kits for the Resource Center, then move on to cataloging new picture books, and end up figuring out why we can’t get to the full-text of an e-journal we get.

What is your favorite book in the Wheelock Library collection? Besides all the children’s fiction and fairy tales, I love Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird. The first time I read it I was too young to understand much of it. I re-read it every year for years after that, discovering something new each time as I understood more and more. It made the book magical for me, as if I got a present every time I read it. I was really disappointed when that stopped happening.

When I’m not at work, you can find me…walking my 3 pugs or with my nose buried in a book.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home