This page has moved to a new address.

Introducing...

Wheelock College Library: Introducing...

Friday, May 28, 2010

Introducing...



Introducing: Ann Glannon, Associate Director and Collection Management Librarian

I first started at Wheelock in 1985, took some time out to be a full time mom during the 1990s, and then came back in 1997. I have a background in education, and a master’s degree in Library and Information Science. My first job here was as the Reserves Assistant, followed by Curriculum Resources Librarian; I became Assistant Director in 2004 and Associate Director in 2006. I have always worked in public services, providing instruction and reference, and in developing collections. I figured out one day that in all my years here I have probably either physically handled and/or ordered about 85% of the items (except serials) in our materials collections. My current work encompasses all aspects of collection management including budgets, policies and procedures, materials selection, acquisition, lending, and housing for all collections including monograph, serial, juvenile, curriculum, media, special, and digital. I also work with our Director, Brenda Ecsedy, in managing the Library. I can't help it that I look like the stereotype of a librarian.

I love visiting the Maine coast, thrift store shopping, and digging in the dirt. If I had any skill that last one might be called gardening. I don’t like dogs, I do like cats. I listen to WUMB radio and watch the Discovery channel. I can’t quite remember, but I think the last movie I saw in a theater was during a school vacation week in 1997. Dreadful. It was pretty much “Barbie does the Russian Revolution”; official title: Anastasia. And now you know why I haven’t been to the movies since 1997.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home