This page has moved to a new address.

Librarian by Day, Gamer by Night

Wheelock College Library: Librarian by Day, Gamer by Night

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Librarian by Day, Gamer by Night


Introducing...


Adam Williams

Instruction/Reference Librarian

Email: awilliams@wheelock.edu

Phone: 617-879-2279




By Day:


My official title at Wheelock Library is Instruction and Reference Librarian. Simply put, I help students with research. I and my staff provide research instruction to classes as well as in one-on-one sessions. We cover the range of the research process, from topic building and search strategies to crediting sources.


I welcome students to take advantage of the individualized research sessions. Every research topic is unique and the individualized service allows reference to tailor strategies to each unique research question. In most cases, students walk away from individualized instruction with most of the articles or other resources necessary to complete their assignment.


By Night:


One of my all time, favorite books is on the shelf at Wheelock Library, A Wizard of Earth Sea by Ursula K. Le Guin (J L525w ). In general I enjoy a good fantasy or science fiction novel, especially titles heavy in politics and intrigue. That probably explains my interest in board games such as Settlers of Catan and Go. I also frequent Jamaica Plain Comics to play strategy games along with fellow game enthusiasts.


If you would like to drop by, you can find my office on 1M or at the front desk of the Library. Or feel free to contact me at my information above.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home